Thursday, February 19, 2009

Brittle

I love roses, but, when I try to keep them,
their beauty fades to fragility.
.
.
But I have so little to keep of hers.
.
.
I've been thinking about what is real.
This world, it's pain and pleasures,
it's all we know. We're used to it.
.
Then, God shocks us and shakes us.
Our world will NEVER be the same.
We have lost someone so dear,
so precious, so intrinsic,
that a portion of our heart lies in a coffin.
Now we live in a larger awareness of eternity,
and the dual reality that has always been.
We are here, in this frightning and unstable world,
yet we are also heirs with Christ,
heaven is our home,
and we are receiving what cannot be shaken.
It's a sure thing,
the only kind of thing that gives hope,
real hope.
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16:11

1 comment:

Tasha said...

We are remembering with you! We love you and are praying for you!!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4