
Benjamin weighed 5 ounces, and was 10 inches long, born at 9:22 pm on April 7th.
~
He is buried next to his big sister, Ellie Rene', and they will share a headstone.
(After all the hospital and dr. bills are paid.)
~
He is surrounded by the love of his family: a blanket knit by me and a burial casket built by Daddy.
~
He is named for my dad. Ellie's middle name is my mothers. I hate it that both of my parents namesakes are in heaven.
~
We miss him. Our grief over Ellie as a daughter was a loss of something unknown.....a daughter. But Benjamin....we know the joys that boys bring. The dirt, the mud, the wrestling! We miss seeing Ben's version of boyhood in our home!
7 comments:
So thankful, Heaven and all of God's glory along with Ellie and Benjamin's smiling faces is a treasure that you will someday behold! Until then... For His glory... we trudge on through these earthly hills and valleys, trusting in His unwavering sovriegnty. Love you, Katie!
By the time I read your last sentence here, my tears were too heavy to read anymore.
Thank you for sharing Benjamin with us.
Thank you for honoring that sweet little image of Christ in this way.
You are being prayed for.
Benjamin is such a lovely name.
I can't imagine building a casket, bless your husband's heart for giving so deeply.
Praying for strength for you. God be with you.
xoxo
kimmie
I think how blessed Benjamin was to be loved so deeply, if but briefly.
I think of all the children who are tossed out or whose loss is quietly celebrated. Benjamin was blessed indeed.
I love his name. I really REALLY loved his little feet. Sweet darling.
thinking of you always
Dear Ones.... your little Benjamin as well as your little Ellie, I can imagine, running and playing with our little Jay Benjamin who went to be with Jesus in July 2008. We grieve with you.... may you experience great peace and blessing in the midst of deep deep sorrow. Love to you all.
Joy from Canada
I am so glad you shared Benjamin with us. His beautiful little feet are a treasure!
Love and prayers to you.
Rhonda
Post a Comment