Braden, my big boy, is nine. 9??!!
I can't believe it, really.
Everyday with Braden is filled with joys and challenges...
when we are feeling overwhelmed with the challenges
I remind myself that having a strong will,
being opinionated and a bit stubborn,
are all character traits that God will mold
and shape into an incredible man,
a leader and not a follower.
Braden has a tender heart, too,
and has been greatly affected by our losses.
He understands eternity far better than I did at that age,
and is just now starting to anticipate Sweet 7's arrival
without a cloud of fear in his eyes.
He told me the other night that the time he will be spending
with the grandparents while I am in the hospital
for three days won't be any fun....
he will be so worried about me and the baby.
This touched me so much!
I reminded him that we are all
working on praying, not worrying!!
I asked him some questions, thinking it would be fun to get a little snapshot of the life of this boy....
What is your favorite color? Red
What is your favorite toy? Tools (Daddy's boy!! )
What is your favorite dinner? Chicken Fetticine Alfredo with Broccoli
What is your favorite dessert? Ice Cream Cake (Aunt Grace's!!)
Which friend would you most like to visit today? Jonah
What would you like most to do with Dad? Go swimming
What is your favorite movie? Kung Fu Panda
What is your favorite book? The Way Things Work
What have you learned this week? To whistle!!
What is your favorite musical instrument? Guitar
What is your favorite song? On Christ the Solid Rock (hymn)
What is your favorite part of our home? The basement with the wrestling mat
What are you looking forward to about springtime? Football outside with Dad

2 comments:
What a neat idea to ask him a few questions, Katie! Love it... time flies, embrace it!
Hello, I'm new to your blog, stopping over from your mom's blog. I have to say that my second son (we have two boys) was my strong willed child and I used to say if he had been born first he'd have been an only child :) But God knew what he was doing with him. He's now 23, a strong minded man, full of life and while he's still my strong willed child, he's the best thing that could have ever happened in my life. He's protective of his brother and dad and of course his mom, but he's so talented too. Sorry I just went on and on about him, but I know God will raise your son to be a strong man too! Happy late birthday to him and congrats on your new baby!
Post a Comment