Monday was an amazing day....
we all were so excited as we left the big boys
with my mom.
We kept repeating to each other
that nothing was going to happen today.
We were only going in for an ultrasound to check fluid levels
and an amnio to check to see if James' lungs were matured.
The drive to the city was a bit tense. I was stressed and nervous
about the tests and the decisions that we would be facing.
Mostly I just prayed that his lungs would be ready...
we didn't want to have to decide what to do if they weren't.
Decisions like that are really hard, especially if you
don't fully understand the risks.
The ultrasound and amnio went well.
We walked to the hospital so I could be monitored,
hoping the amnio wouldn't put me into labor.
It didn't, and while we waited, the test results
came back.
James' lungs came in at 55.2.
Maturity is reached at 55...
he just squeeked by.
We talked with our big city doctor, Dr. K.
He left the decision totally up to us...
he could do the c-section that afternoon..
or wait a few days.
At that point, I was estatic.
Who would want to wait
when within just hours
I could hold and see
my baby?
We called Mom, and I talked with the boys.
Nathan whooped and holllered.
Braden cried...and I did, too.
God had his hand on us, and the on the Dr.'s that afternoon.
The c-section turned out to be complicated
in ways I still don't fully understand.
My body was not in the condition that anyone expected.
We praise God for his protection and provision
of wise and very competent doctors.
At 3:03 pm, I saw my son.
He was perfect.
After a few minutes,
Mr. Wonderful brought him over to me,
and even though the drugs have
blurred many of my memories,
I will never forget pressing my lips to his sweet head.
James was here. He was safe.
Praise God!!

8 comments:
Praise our loving Father for His blessings poured out on you and your little family. May He bless you with continued joy and grace. Enjoy every moment.
wowee!! praise the Lord!!! i am so excited for you and your family!!
i hope i get to meet you and your family in eternity someday!!
oh, he is so precious, thank you, Lord!!
love, lauren
Such a beautiful birth story. Blessings to you all!
I am way beyond happy for you! I have been following your blog since summer of 2008 and have been praying for you all along. What an incredible blessing to see what the Lord has given to you and I can only imagine your intense joy over baby James!! Thank you for sharing your walk with the Lord through all you have gone through, including this joyous miracle!
P.S. My daughter is Melissa Joy and I know you have come in contact with her in this last year. Thank you for encouraging her on her blog also!!
I can't find the words I want to say- just tears. I'm so relieved and thankful and full of joy for you. Thank you, Lord, for James.
Unspeakably beautiful! Praising God for His wonderful mercies upon you!
What a glorious day!! My heart celebrates with you. James is beautiful!!! <3
James is beautiful, congratulations Mama!
Post a Comment