Friday, July 6, 2007

My Custom Order Completed!!

A great gal who is opening a shabby chic store on July 20th in Colorado
ordered 5 of these sassy aprons. They are in the "Tiddley Winks" line from Moda.

The Ruffle Pocket is a coordinating paisley.

While the main fabric is the same, every one has a different
combination of ties, ruffle and ric-rac.
It was very different making something custom---
here are some things I've learned:
  • Make the client choose the fabric---this saved me lots of worries.
  • Always use matching threads.
  • Make up one first, so that if anything needs changing, it's only on that one
I sent her a free bib---hoping maybe she'll be interested in more
for her store.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so clever. I can only dream of one day being able to sew like that. How exciting to have your creations placed in a boutique!

Brambleberry said...

Congratulations! They are adorable!

Mrs. MK said...

Thanks for the encouragement!!

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4