Friday, October 5, 2007

Photo Recap~~ Nathan's birthday

Nathan was totally surprised that the sweater was *his*!
Let's get the sweater details out of the way, then we can talk
about the birthday boy!
I re-did the neckline and hem 4-5 times, trying to get the look I wanted.
It was originally a rolled neck---but I just hated the floppy, sloppy look.
And then the raglan seams were to open with an eyelet looking stitch,
so I sewed up that seam to try to keep it from looking too girly.
The silly boy demonstrates how soft it is!
(that baby alpaca is just lovely!!)

He spent all morning working on these little Pooh cards---

And reading his new book with Daddy.

After a quick trip to town to play at the new playground,
a long and restful nap,
we took a walk/ride in the brisk fall air.

Let the races begin!!


And end!!
Nathan did a face-plant on the road---
his body outran his feet!!
Back at it---brothers and competitors to the end!

Picking dandylions in the evening while Daddy
cranked the ice cream.

*see the closed seam? I like it!*


Another competive game while the ice cream sets---
down.....set.....HIKE!!!


*You hand it to me, and then I will score a touchdown!*

Stellar brother defense takes Daddy down!!

The birthday boy bites the dirt again!!




Finally, the moment he's been waiting for---
pumpkin pie with home-made ice cream!
Happy Birthday, Nathan!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I am trying to organise a suprise online shower for Manda would you like to join in?Please send me your email if you do connietreasure(at)yahoo.co.uk

Stacy said...

WOW! Well, first: Happy Birthday!
Secondly, *love* the sweater. You are so talented!
~Stacy

Unknown said...

Masha'allah your boy is so beautiful and seems to have such a tender spirit. I don't know why but looking at him colouring in those cards made me want to scoop him up.

I pray God blesses him, he's really touched my heart.

xx

Simply Stork said...

aahhhh so sweet...happy birthday.
~simply stork~

Roberta said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!
You captured the day in pictures beautifully, Katie.
And what a gorgeous sweater...well done. :)

...may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:4